GDPR Glossary of Terms
This GDPR Glossary of terms is accrued from documentation found within the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) for GDPR and is a source of terms used within GDPR. Not all ICO terms are used or apply to Wessex Filling Station.
Terminology peculiar to Wessex Filling Station has also been included within this document.
- “Biometric Data” - means personal data resulting from specific technical processing relating to the physical, physiological or behavioural characteristics of a natural person, which allow or confirm the unique identification of that natural person, such as facial images or dactyloscopic (finger print) data.
- "Community Group" - a group of like minded people working together for the good of the communities of Christchurch | Bournemouth and Poole area.
- "Cookies" - cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while the user is browsing that website.
- “Cross Border Processing” - means processing of personal data which:
- takes place in more than one European Member State; or
- which substantially affects or is likely to affect data subjects in more than one European Member State.
- “Data Controller” - means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or European Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or European Member State law.
- Note: Wessex Filling Station is a small community group and does not have a Data Controller
- “Data Processor” - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Note: Various people process Wessex Filling Station data.
- “Data Protection Laws” - means for the purposes of this document, the collective description of the GDPR, Data Protection Bill and any other relevant data protection laws that the Company complies with.
- “Data Subject” - means an individual who is the subject of personal data
- "eNewsletter" - Electronic Newsletter sent out by Wessex Filling Station.
- “GDPR” - means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (2016/679). The GDPR is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to EU citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. It was adopted on 27 April 2016. It becomes enforceable on 25 May 2018, after a two-year transition period. The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive.
- “Genetic Data” - means personal data relating to the inherited or acquired genetic characteristics of a natural person which give unique information about the physiology or the health of that natural person and which result, in particular, from an analysis of a biological sample from the natural person in question.
- Note: Wessex Filling Station do not hold any genetic data.
- "ICO" - Information Commissioner's Office: The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
- “Personal Data” - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Processing” - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Profiling” - means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- Note: Wessex Filling Station do not have any form of automatic profiling.
- “Recipient” - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or European Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- “Supervisory Authority” means an independent public authority which is established by a European Member State
- "The Website" - www.wessexfillingstation.co.uk
- “Third Party” - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, under our direct authority.